Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Room to Grow

Occasionally, when I visit my home state of Ohio and the friends I have left living there I'm often struck by the different paths we took.  I have friends at home who are married and have young children, mortgages and storage space. These things are about as foreign to me as Canada (not a joke, I don't understand Canadian culture AT ALL) and I often get fed up living paycheck to paycheck, crammed into a small apartment and dealing with normal roommate problems usually revolving around dishes or mail. The point of this blog is to look at why I live my life the way that I do and what things in my life make me happy.  Today, I read an article that rather clearly put this thought into perspective for me.

Politico did a nice piece about politicians and journalists who used to be roommates in DC, they're all successful now but they used to be just like me and my friends!  So read up and pretend to act surprised that Katie Couric was kind of a pain in the ass roommate.

Before They Were Stars, They Were Roommates, Politico

No comments:

Post a Comment