Friday, January 15, 2010

Roll Up Market Totes

On January 1st, Washington, DC implemented a sales/charity tax on shopping bags.  This five cent tax applies to any place that sells food or alcohol, which included places like Target, Marshall's, Best Buy (Can't you tell I went to DCUSA?) as well as places many of us stop in on a normal basis such as CVS, corner markets, Safeway and Bed, Bath & Beyond. 

I don't mind paying the five cent tax but what I don't like is getting caught without having a bag! I feel like a environmental grinch! I have plenty of nice totes but none of them can roll up nicely and fit into my purse and unlike, say a trip to Eastern Market, where you know you'll need a bag, sometimes you just have to stop in a place on your way home from work. 

Luckily, I stumbled across the Land's End Website where they had plenty of roll-up totes! 

They're currently on sale for $6.99 - $9.99 and they offer monogramming for $5.  I'm a sucker for a monogram, saving money and, for those times I forget my bag, saving the river. Now I just need to decide what color to order! 

Shop Here and Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment