Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Art of Spring

DC experienced a lovely mid-winter warm up last week that caused me to snap and buy ivory sling backs, lemon-colored silk tops and baby pink cardigans. It’s hard not to buy pretty things when you can smell Spring just around the corner. Unfortunately, as the temperature turns cold again and I put my Uggs back on with disdain, those Spring purchases seem silly and unnecessary, especially since I can’t wear them for months!


I’m not what you call frugal and I often make impulse purchases because they make me happy. After I’ve had time to stew on them a while I sometimes decide they were worth it but more often than not I’ll take them back. It’s a silly little game but usually the anxiety of spending too much money on something unnecessary isn’t worth the few times I’ll wear it. If, however, that item goes on deep discount sometime in the future I snap it up like a vulture because I’ve been stalking said item as such.

One accessory that is a quick and easy fix for Spring fever is nail polish. I’ve had my eye on Essie’s 2010 Spring Collection since before Christmas when I ripped the ad out of a magazine and gave it a prominent position on my Inspiration Board where they will remain until they’re safely on my fingertips! The baby pinks and rich red made me wish I was spring cleaning rather than Christmas shopping. I started day dreaming about all my favorite outfits and my tan trench coat before I snapped out of it and realized that I was a nutcase with a serious problem.

Stopping into a local beauty supply store I inquired about the colors, they didn’t have them. They weren’t online, and the nice gentleman at the store asked me to call him as often to see if they got them in. After calling for three weeks straight I’d grown frustrated with calling and anxious to start painting! I also think the “nice” gentleman at the store was either tired or me or scared of me but I was hesitant to stop in there.

Today I had a nice little surprise. After calling, again, I decided to check the website where voila! The Spring 2010 collection is available for purchase, baby! Adding Tart Deco and Van d’Go into my shopping cart and hitting PURCHASE (said in Oprah’s excited voice) I felt a strange sense of accomplishment wash over me and I knew that I had a BIG problem.

As I wait 3-5 business days for Spring in a box I can contemplate my problem or I can just start counting down the days until the snow from SnOMG 2009 melts completely and the cherry blossoms bloom. I would bet on the latter.

SHOP: Essie The Art of Spring 2010 Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment