Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mobile Cupcakes

There are few things that excite me more than cupcakes.  Pink shoes, serving pieces and skirts are up there, but cupcakes and skirts often vie for the top slot.  So imagine my excitement when a coworker sent me the following email:

"BREAKING: There is a Mobile Cupcake Unit parked across from the Heritage Foundation. REPEAT: There is a Mobile Cupcake Unit parked across from the Heritage Foundation."
Knowing exactly where the Heritage Foundation is (by Union Station) it took all my willpower to not jump out of my cube and immediately Metro to the bakery on skates.  Instead, I took deep breath and asked the important questions.  How do you know this and how long will it be there? 

Unfortunately, being "mobile" it didn't stay there long, but the far better answer was how she was able to get this information.  Introducing, Curbside Cupcakes, "a mobile Cupcake Truck that brings gourmet cupcakes right to your door!" 

This is the best thing to hit DC since Georgetown Cupcake, it's almost like an ice cream truck for grown up's without the awful music.  I know this idea has taken off in New York and I've often seen the SweetGreen truck giving away free fro-yo samples but the fact that I can be walking down the street randomly one day and fall victim to a cupcake truck is a sweet delight and enough to make me keep my eyes wide open as I peruse the city. 

Also, they're fully integrated into the social networks.  You can find out more below!

Follow Curbside Cupcakes on Twitter
Become a Fan of Curbside Cupcakes on Facebook
Check out the Website

Happy Cupcaking!

For more Social Networking fun, follow Metropolitan Fairytale on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment