Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Think I'll Go To Boston

I went to Boston this past weekend and all I did was take picture of graves.  Macabre but unfortunately true.

To be fair 1.) There are a lot of famous people buried in Boston 2.) I'm a history geek, I couldn't even live with myself if I didn't take a picture of Paul Revere's grave! I just couldn't and 3.) Duh, it's October.  Halloween is right around the corner. 

You would think that with allllll the pictures I took in graveyards I would have captured at least ONE stinking historic ghost but I didn't even capture non-historic ghosts which is pretty disappointing.  Not even an orb! I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of these burial grounds.


 
State Ho
My wonderful, charming and handsome boyfriend decided we needed to get outta town so we went to explore Boston.  I've only spent some airport and hotel-by-the-airport time there and it had been awhile since he had gone so we were able to explore the city together which is very romantical and fun.  

We went to things other than graveyards, we saw some old historic stuff like the State House and the Kings Church (and it's graveyard!) and went to the AMAZING Liberty Hotel and had drinks.  It's a spooky old prison all Kipton'd up (sorry, not a Kimpton Hotel but you know what I mean.) We drank and told ghost stories.  Seriously.  What is wrong with us?

Coolest S'Bucks Eva!
Then we went to a Wisconsin Badgers backers bar by Fenway Park where I was introduced to all things Wisconsin like bratwurst and fun touchdown traditions and dances (Jump Around) and I LOVED it.  So random and fun.  I did not go to a "football" school so to speak, but can your band do this? I don't think so.


Let's talk about food! Okay. So the first night we had dinner at some fancyish Italian Place that I can't remember the name of.  BUT, before that we went to another old school Italian place for drinks and we WOULD have had dinner there but they closed the kitchen.  It was called Marliave and it was so wonderful.  It was old and charming and probably houses mob activity.  In other words, the best place ever.

On Saturday we walked (and walked) through not only graveyards, but through Boston Common and we went to the Paramount which might have been the best eating experience of my life. They don't seat you until you order and pay which means you stand in line and look at what everyone else gets to eat which makes ordering really hard and all split decision-y.  It's so hard that you might get flustered (ahem) and knock stuff over when ordering like a total idiot.  So sorry Paramount, I was overwhelmed by your amazingness.  I even forgot to take pictures which after I uploaded all my pictures of stinkin' graves really bummed me out.  If you think that's because they didn't have ghosts in them YOU'RE WRONG (but only by a little bit.)

Here are some more pictures...

Not ONE orb.
How 'Hocus Pocus' is this?
This is the only picture that came out bright!
They just don't make 'em like they used to.
It doesn't quite look like it, but this is in a graveyard too.  Sigh.
Sam Adams.  Strange that it doesn't say Beer Patriot?


And last but not least, a cute picture of me and my boyfriend at Marliave which is like the only picture that captured people all weekend.  I'm not sure how he would feel about his face being plastered on the Internets so I just covered it with a smiling heart.  We can call him Mr. Heart Face.

Best Guy Ever

1 comment:

  1. See how the picture of the State House says State Ho? That's clearly a mistake but I'm not going to fix it because State Ho is funny.

    ReplyDelete