Thursday, October 20, 2011

Family Matters

I was so fortunate to have my wonderful family come into town last weekend.  I was visited by my mother, grandmother, Aunt Pam, Aunt Sharon, Aunt Melanie and my little sister Shannon.  We had such a wonderful weekend and it went by way too fast.  We started out Friday night at District of Pi, the fabulous new pizza bistro downtown.  Then we went to Harry's (what?) at the Hotel Harrington which is just so delightfully shabby and suspicious!  We walked around to see the monuments at night and went home to rest up for the rest of our weekend!

The next day we enjoyed a lovely afternoon in Georgetown shopping and eating at the Waterfront which is still recovering from the flood last April.  Afterwards we jetted across town to enjoy the last hour of Eastern Market and to enjoy some margs at Banana Cafe.  After, we rushed back to my apartment and walked through Logan Circle for a nice dinner at Logan Tavern.  At this point, everyone was thoroughly exhausted to say the least. 

The real excitement came on Sunday.  At Fashion Night Out, I had won a shopping party and a gift card to Kate Spade Georgetown.  We got up early and my family and friends had the store all to ourselves and 20% as we shopped and sipped mimosas.  It was so fun to see my family and friends come together, even though at this point, we really didn't need to spend any more money. The ladies at Kate Spade are the cutest and most helpful store associates ever.  If we shop for the experience, you'll have a great experience there.
Enjoying our loot...
I had a wonderful time and as my family drove down M Street waving and yelling at me, I found myself really choked up.  It's so easy to get used to them being around and I miss them terribly.  I don't think I could ever live in Ohio again but I wish we lived closer.  I have such a great time with them and can't wait until November when I see them again for Thanksgiving.

What do you do with your family when they visit you?  Do you do the sightseeing stuff or do you accidentally eat, drink and shop only - sort of like my family? 

P. S. YES, that is a picture of suffragettes above, but I couldn't find an appropriate vintage picture and you all know how I LOVE my vintage pictures on this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment