Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Little Bit of Kismet

Kismet, a lovely little word that means destiny in Turkish. 

The idea of a predetermined course of events is enough to make any control freak shudder at the thought.  However, this control freak likes magical little moments, winks from the universe if you will that let's her know she's heading in the right direction.

Well, the universe winked at me a little last Friday night and it was one of those little moments that make you wonder.



My boyfriend and I just celebrated our first, wonderful year together.  You know those people who say they're with someone that makes them want to be a better person?  I'm now one of those people.  Rich (boyfriend) is a fantastic man and I'm so lucky that I've found someone so wonderful to spend my time with.  I know, I know - total mush, right?  But I can't help it? He's kind of my lobster, you guys! 

Anyway, on Friday night we stayed in, ordered Chinese food and watched a movie (Beginners - it's amazing, please watch it immediately.) By the way, I know in the past I've totally dissed O'Tasty's Chinese food on my Facebook but I have to take it back, put their culturally confusing name aside and you have yourself some really great Chinese food!

As is customary, we finished our meal with our respective fortune cookies.  They sent us three, probably because we ordered a ton of food. They also sent us free chicken lo mein.  Go O'Tasty's!  My fortune was horrible, something ridiculously generic about being successful.  Duh.  Rich's wasn't much better, something about traveling.  Another duh.  He travels all the time.

As we were sitting next to each other on the couch, we decided to split the third one and count that as a mutual fortune, and this is where all the adorableness happened.  After struggling to eat anything else we looked at our fortune and it said:

Stop searching forever, Happiness is just next to you.

Thanks for the wink, universe. 

P.S. The Fortune Cookie is 1966 film by Billy Wilder (The Apartment!) starting Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon.  Anyone see it?  It's now on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment