Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle

Because I was moving and uprooting my life at the time my dear friends Rachel and Sam got married, I hadn't had a chance to recap their beautiful wedding until now.

The wedding took place at the Four Seasons in Seattle and it was a beautiful affair.  The bride and groom were nothing if not perfect hosts, sharing their lovely city with their (mostly) out of town guests.


Highlights included Pike Place Market where I not only held a fish (I won't eat one but I'll hold one) in lavender high heels but I was also able to experience the FIRST STARBUCKS.  In some cultures, pilgrimages are made to certain holy locales as a sign of reverence or respect.  As a coffee devotee, the first Starbucks was my mecca.  I bought coffee beans and had a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  If it sounds heavenly, it was.

We lucked out with beautiful weather throughout the entire weekend and were even able to see Mount Ranier. 




The gorgeous bride, Rachel, went out of her way to make sure we had a proper taste of Seattle.  The bridal shower was held in the Georgian Room of the Fairmont and we had a very wonderful and proper tea.  The DC Ladies came dressed in traditional pink and stood out like posies in a field of evergreen. We had dinner at Salty's and had lovely views of the city.  We were treated to a spectacular Bridesmaids Brunch at the lovely Edgewater Hotel where Bloody Mary's flowed like champagne leading myself and another Bridesmaid to go fine jewelry shopping, not a mistake, just something we did.

The bridal party looking properly Mad Men-esque

The wedding itself was a gorgeous, elegant affair.  We danced and celebrated the happy couple and it made me realize how lucky I am to have the friends I do.  The weekend was absolutely perfect and I'm so happy that I was invited to share in it with Rachel and Sam.

Congratulations Rachel and Sam.  Best wishes for a long and happy marriage. 



No comments:

Post a Comment