Friday, October 29, 2010

The Art of Costuming

In case you haven't noticed, this weekend is Halloween!  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I've always loved playing dress up and to be honest, who doesn't love a night dedicated to debauchery?

For the past few years I've gone as my beloved Buddy the Elf.  Due to it accidentally getting thrown away and the fact that people like to tell me that Halloween is in fact NOT an elves holiday I decided to go as something new this year.

What on earth could top Elf, you ask?

Well, nothing actually but I'm going as a mime!  Bear with me. You can do this and it won't be creepy.

Here is the breakdown:
Start with a simple black beret.

Add a black and white striped shirt a la Audrey.

Pair with a kicky, short black skirt.

 It is Halloween, so throw on some sexy seam stockings.

A pair of sky high red heels.

Super delicate white gloves.

 A little bit of makeup.  I will obviously tone it down and look a little less harsh.

 And finish it off with a single red balloon.

What are you going as for Halloween?  

No comments:

Post a Comment