Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cold Season

I've been battling a rather nasty cold the past few days.  Yesterday, naively, I thought it would be brief.  I felt better and fell asleep well.  This morning I woke up to a nightmare.  My throat is on fire, my head is pounding, my nose is running and I just feel, puffy.



When the rain stopped and I was able to put on "real" pants (apparently bright blue pants with neon green puppies on them don't count) I made a quick run to CVS where I almost broke down in tears when I saw the depleted cold medicine isle.  It's looked like the meat section of the grocery store during last winters Snowpocalypse.

I had two options: generic nighttime cold relief or TheraFlu.  I have no idea what TheraFlu does so I opted to sleep all day and seriously, I slept ALL day.

The good news is that I'm feeling better but the bad news is, I'm not sure I'll be able to stay awake.

I have the tea and the soup and the toast.  I'm on top of this, guys.  Any cold remedies I'm maybe not aware of that i should be trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment