Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Case of the Blues

Maybe it's the doldrums of winter, but I'm feeling a little bit on the melancholy side the past few days.  When I fall into a funk like this, I usually listen to music that encourages the mood.  It's not "moody" or "depressing" music but it's music I like to play in the background as I sip a glass of wine and flip through the latest Vanity Fair.

Rosalie by Jeremy Pelt
I Shall Be Released by Nina Simone
These Days by The Black Keys
Winter Winds by Mumford & Sons
(Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon
Birthday by Kings of Leon
City by Sara Bareilles
Bring it on Home to Me by Sam Cooke
Bye Bye Blackbird by Joe Cocker
Bookends by Simon & Garfunkle
Never Gonna Give You Up by The Black Keys
I Think Ur a Contra by Vampire Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment