Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Cornucopia of Tabletop Design

It's no secret that I will not be preparing Thanksgiving dinner this year.  My contribution to the holiday include uncorking the wine and, if I'm lucky, pulling the wishbone.

This doesn't mean that I couldn't, in fact, someday (probably) Thanksgiving dinner will be up to me.  When that time comes, I'll be prepared.

First things first.  The perfect outfit...

 The Jacinth Sweaterdress from Anthropologie, $148 is the perfect Thanksgiving Dress.  It's a wool blend to keep you toasty since it is November, but it's short-sleeved so you don't melt in the kitchen.  The burnt orange color is the perfect burst of Autumn, especially if you pair it with...


 This darling gold Tea-And-Crumpets Apron, also from Anthropologie, $32.

Now that we're dressed and ready to go, how will we set our table?

 I absolutely love the Botanical Turkey Tablecloth from Williams-Sonoma, $99-$119



Lenox Citation Gold Dinnerware is classic and timeless, and unfortunately it was retired in 2007.  However, I will always be on the lookout for something similar.

Waterford Lismore Stemware


Wallace Gold-Plated "Antique Baroque" Flatware from Horchow, $299




 Napkins of course! The Cornucopia Jacquard Napkins from Williams-Sonoma, $56 for a set of four. 


I like the idea of these tied with something more organic, like twine.  But napkin rings in a pretty bronze will do too.
 
Tomorrow I'll have more, including the centerpiece, the candles and what Martha Stewart says.

No comments:

Post a Comment