Thursday, February 18, 2010

Medal Obsession

I’m totally Olympic Obsessed right now. There’s just something about sports, U.S.A. and Ralph Lauren that really inspires me to stay up late watching male figure skating.

I LOVE male figure skating. I loved it even more when I discovered that the fabulous and flamboyant Johnny Weir had his very own reality show on the Sundance Channel (Watch Clips HERE!). As I watched his trials and tribulations with the stomach flu, his pomegranate-obsessed Russian Coach Galina and his rivalry with the very, very attractive Evan Lysacek, I fell in love. He wear’s pink tassels on his skating costume (which has a little skirt – I LOVE skirts) and PETA is mad at him for wearing fox fur* forcing him to yank the look from the Olympics!

Well, my favorite Fashion-ice-ta is totally being awesome again. It turns out that Johnny decided that he would go ahead and shack up with his archenemies’ girlfriend, ice skater Tanith Belbin. Some reports say that Tanith and Evan are together, some call them ex-lovers, but whatever they are this addition to the on-going Evan/Johnny tiff is something really great Lifetime movies are made out of and I can’t help myself! Hopefully, someone at Lifetime will realize this and start pitching it immediately. Although, something tells me that Evan doesn’t really have much to worry about. Johnny and Tanith both refer to themselves as “divas” so it will never work out.
Johnny Weir
Anyway, tune in to NBC for the Olympics tonight at 8:00 PM to see the final, long program portion of the male figure skating competition. Evan is currently in 2nd place, a half a point behind the villainous Russian contender, Evgeni Plushenko, and Johnny is in 6th. It’s going to be fantastic! Lifetime, are you listening?

LINKS:
Johnny Weir Ditches Fox Fur In Olympic Costume
Tanith Belbin & Evan Lysacek: Ice Skating's Hot Couple
Belbin, Weir to share suite

*I know in the below post I talk about supporting animals, and I totally do.  I love them.  But, I also respect a person's right to choose and as Johnny said, wearing fur is a personal choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment