Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Great Snowpocalypse

Happy snow days dear readers.  I apologize for not posting anything in days.  I had been sick and by the time I recovered we were already buried in snow so I've spent most of my time waiting in line at the grocery store.

As cabin fever begins to set in I'll try to think of something clever and wonderful to post concerning all this fluffy white stuff but until then I wish to direct you to GreaterGreater Washington.  This is one of my favorite blogs (I'm a transit geek) and they do a wonderful series called "Then and Now" which utilized old photos (my favorite thing) to explain a bit of DC's history.  I enjoyed todays post about snow ball fights and as Dupont Circle prepares for it's second snowball fight (no guns) it's fun to see that this is something Washingtonians have been enjoying for quite some time.  

Please enjoy and if you find yourself at the DC snowball fight tomorrow please bundle up and watch out.  I  was miraculously able to pull my shoulder while walking and it's not fun.  

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment