Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Years Kiss

Happy day after Christmas everyone!  If you're like me, you're fighting the dreaded food/alcohol hangover from the previous days festivities.  Luckily, Nintendo has invented dancing games that are keeping me very active, even if it is twenty degrees outside. 

In terms of the holidays, New Years is my favorite.  It's a fresh start and there's nothing more refreshing than a clean slate.  Also, any holiday that involvs champagne, a party dress and a kiss at Midnight is automatically awesome in my book.

I'll be working on my own list on New Years resolutions soon but I must admit that I will be very sad to see 2010 go.  I've gone through a lot of changes this year, all of them have created a better me.  I just reread the first post I put on this blog at the beginning of 2010 and as I look back, I'm very pleased with how I'm ending this year.  Sex and the City once taught us that a city girl is always looking for three things:  an apartment, a new job, or a boyfriend.  Eight months ago, I was looking for all three, now I'm only mildly searching for one. 

I have high hopes for 2011 and I hope all of you are as optomistic.  2011 will start with a kiss for many of us, and I hope all of you go out there and make it count.  Is there anything more Metropolitan Fairytale than a romantic kiss that sets the tone for an entire year?  Not for this girl.

The Washington Post has a wonderful little piece about the New Years Kiss that I encourage you to read before you send of 2010 with a smooch.

XO

A Kiss To Build A Year On - If Your Brain's Chemistry Agrees, Washington Post, December 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment